Leadwerks Engine.

Started by Yue, July 20, 2017, 18:20:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Yue

One of the things that left me the blitzbasic community before it disappeared. It was a Leadwerks engine license.

And I like it, here I show a test of bump mapping materials.

Rooster

Yue

Test Terrain.  ;D

Rick Nasher

Looking good. Which version of Leadwerks is this? Are you using an older version with BlitzMax? (I believe in later versions he dropped support for BlitzMax, only C++ and Lua script, which syntaxes I don't like  :( ).

I'm currently looking at AppGameKit, which seems to really evolving now and has a Blitz like script.
Also as a plus:
System requirements are low, while has shadows, shaders and bullet physics too.
Early tests show a decent speed also, so just might be suitable for your aging computer(as well as mine actually.. Core2Duo 1.83GHz)  8)

Yue

Quote from: Rick Nasher on July 27, 2017, 09:46:48
Looking good. Which version of Leadwerks is this? Are you using an older version with BlitzMax? (I believe in later versions he dropped support for BlitzMax, only C++ and Lua script, which syntaxes I don't like  :( ).

I'm currently looking at AppGameKit, which seems to really evolving now and has a Blitz like script.
Also as a plus:
System requirements are low, while has shadows, shaders and bullet physics too.
Early tests show a decent speed also, so just might be suitable for your aging computer(as well as mine actually.. Core2Duo 1.83GHz)  8)

Hello, I'm using version 4.4, this uses c ++ or Lua script, the license that Josh gave me, was the Lua script.

AppGameKit  :o
https://www.appgamekit.com/showcase?page=3

:)

Rick Nasher

@Yue:
Ah, that's really nice of him, but I don't like those languages.

About AppGameKit:
I was really skeptical, for no 3D games to demo, but the features apparently gotten an update and tests I've done so far look OK still(see below).

And if you check videos below:

It's looking pretty good to me. Will need to do further tests though, for I don't see a Code Archive-like thing for it and do not know how it will behave if pushed to the limits.

Cool is that it's cross-platform so you could develop a Multiplayer LAN game that is running on both your smartphone and your PC as well.

Rick Nasher

Yue

Download Trial.  8)

The truth is that it is very expensive  :(. But it looks very nice.

Qube

QuoteThe truth is that it is very expensive  :(. But it looks very nice.
£30, expensive?  :o - That's cheap as chips
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Yue

Quote from: Qube on July 28, 2017, 01:13:34
QuoteThe truth is that it is very expensive  :(. But it looks very nice.
£30, expensive?  :o - That's cheap as chips

:(
For me, it is expensive, when I live in a country that realizes the conversion to dollars of euros, it is really expensive. Another thing is if you come to live a colombia with money worked in Europe, truthful that everything is very cheap.

If you send me 200 euros, that is equivalent to my monthly salary, and this is below the minimum wage in Colombia.

The other point is that I have no means of payment.

dawlane

Quote£30, expensive?  :o - That's cheap as chips
I remember when you could catch a bus into town, go in to the cinema to see a big release movie and while there buy a bucket of popcorn, a big bag of crips, a coke and an ice-cream for around a £5 with change to spare for a bus home. Development software for a home computer could cost nearly three times as much. Now development software is practically being given away and you would be lucky if you can get on a bus for a fiver to just go into town, let alone pay to get into a cinema.

@Yue: If cost is an issue you should start to look around for cheaper or free alternatives.

Naughty Alien

..tomorrow i will be getting AGK after testing their trial version..works well on low end hardware and recent updates on 3D side, make it perfect solution at this moment for what i need in my new project..

Rick Nasher

Quote from: Naughty Alien on July 28, 2017, 13:20:52
..tomorrow i will be getting AGK after testing their trial version..works well on low end hardware and recent updates on 3D side, make it perfect solution at this moment for what i need in my new project..

Seems to beat Unity hands down on low-end systems and it's very similar to the BlitzBasic language, but *with* all the benefits mentioned and an imho slightly more consistent syntax.

I didn't see a code example that actually combined all the features yet though, to see how it holds up.
Doing some more tests.. I'm especially interested in Multiplayer networking.

Naughty Alien

..yeah..and there is no endless mockering about various targets and whats not..all very straightforward..

Yue

Looking for a full version on the internet and none exist, the trial version has a banner.  :-\