[bmx] Online doc links by markcw [ 1+ years ago ]

Started by BlitzBot, June 29, 2017, 00:28:38

Previous topic - Next topic

BlitzBot

Title : Online doc links
Author : markcw
Posted : 1+ years ago

Description : This adds links to the Brl and Pub module docs. It is to make it quicker to look up the BlitzMax online manual.

Obviously doing a Rebuild docs will remove the links again.

Also, it won't add a link if there is one there already and you can run the source file from anywhere under the BlitzMax directory.

It is cross-platform and depending on the way your IDE works, the links will either open in the default browser or directly.

Edit: updated to work as a type.

Code :
Code (blitzmax) Select
' Online doc links.bmx
'
' Adds links to docs/html for all functions in brl and pub modules, links are to online doc

SuperStrict

Local p:AddDocLinks = New AddDocLinks

p.FindFiles(p.FindDocs())

End

Type AddDocLinks
Field mdir$=FindDocs()

Method FindDocs$()
Local wdir$=CurrentDir()+"/" ' find the docs
Local ldir$=wdir.Tolower() ' lowercase
Local bms%=ldir.Find("blitzmax",0) ' bmax start
If bms=-1 RuntimeError "Failed to find blitzmax directory"

Local bme%=ldir.Find("/",bms) ' bmax end
Return wdir[..bme]+"/docs/html/Modules" ' modules dir
End Method

Method FindFiles(dir$)
Local dh%=ReadDir(dir)
If Not dh RuntimeError "failed to read current directory"

Repeat
Local temp$=NextFile(dh)
If temp="" Then Exit ' done
If temp="." Or temp=".." Continue ' skip
Local cfile$=dir+"/"+temp ' current file
If FileType(cfile)=2 Then FindFiles2(cfile) ' directory
Forever

CloseDir dh
End Method

Method FindFiles2(dir$)
Local dh%=ReadDir(dir)
If Not dh RuntimeError "failed to read current directory l2"

Repeat
Local temp$=NextFile(dh)
If FileType(cfile)=2 Then FindFiles3(cfile) ' directory
Forever

CloseDir dh
End Method

Method FindFiles3(dir$)
Local dh%=ReadDir(dir)
If Not dh RuntimeError "failed to read current directory l3"

Repeat
Local temp$=NextFile(dh)
If FileType(cfile)=1 ' file, html
If ExtractExt(cfile)="html" Then OpenHtml(cfile)
EndIf
Forever

CloseDir dh
End Method

Method OpenHtml(path$)

Local html$,file:TStream=OpenFile(path)
If Not file RuntimeError "could not open file"

While Not Eof(file)
html=ReadString(file,FileSize(path))
Local html2$,link$,lpart$
Local fr%=html.Find("Function reference",0)
Local fts%=fr,fbs%,fen%,fte%,fbe%

If fr>0 ' file has functions
html2=html
Print "Adding Links: "+path[mdir.length+1..path.Find("index.html",mdir.length)-1]

While fts>-1 ' while functions in file
fts=html.Find("colspan=2>Function ",fts+1)
If fts>0
fts:+19 ' to function name
fbs=html.Find("(",fts) ' bracket start
fte=html.Find("</td>",fts) ' table end
fen=html[fts..fbs].Find(":",0) ' type (end of func name)
If fen>0 Then fbs=fts+fen
fen=html[fts..fbs].Find("[",0) ' array
fen=html[fts..fbs].Find("$",0) ' string
fen=html[fts..fbs].Find("#",0) ' float
fen=html[fts..fbs].Find("!",0) ' double
fen=html[fts..fbs].Find("_",0)

If fen=-1 ' not a lua_func
fen=html[fts..fbs].Find(" ",0) ' trim spaces
Local func$=html[fts..fbs] ' get func name
fbe=html[fts..fte].Find("NoDebug",0) ' bracket end or nodebug
If fbe=-1 Then fbe=html[fts..fte].FindLast(")",0) Else fbe:+6
fbe:+fts+1
link=html[fbe..fte] ' leave existing links alone
lpart=" [<a href="+Chr(34)+"http://www.blitzmax.com/bmdocs/command.php?name="
If fte-fbe=0
link=lpart+func+"&ref=goto"+Chr(34)+">Online doc</a>]" ' if no link add one
EndIf
html2=html[..fbe]+link+html[fte..]
EndIf
EndIf
html=html2 ' update html
Wend

EndIf
Wend

SeekStream file,0 ' overwrite file
WriteString file,html
CloseStream file

End Method

End Type

Comments :

degac(Posted 1+ years ago)

Well, not to all commands I think (look for AllocUserEventID for example!)It seems that online doc are not up to date with the one in the source code.

As you seem interested in working on documentation (I just see some other posts) an idea could be to do the inverse.*Look at the online documentation for each command*Download the page*Check if there are examples in the post (it should be the CODE/CODEBOX tag)*Save the content of the tags on the computer...I know this could be useless (if I have the link in my doc, just click on it to have the on line version and see other examples).But you could not be on internet... and examples - usually - needs when you cant' access internet!ps: idea2. You could change DocMods to create documentation+your link every time the user rebuild documentation. In the SRC folder there is the source code !EDIT: now the program/source is called MakeDocs (or something!)

markcw(Posted 1+ years ago)

I did actually email Brl support about the missing functions and they said they would update these soon:In brl.Polledinput:MouseXSpeed, MouseYSpeed, MouseZSpeed.Also in brl.Event:EmitEvent, CreateEvent, AllocUserEventId.In brl.System:DesktopWidth, DesktopHeight, DesktopDepth, DesktopHertz.In brl.Max2d:SetVirtualResolution, VirtualResolutionWidth, VirtualResolutionHeight, VirtualMouseX, VirtualMouseY, VirtualMouseXSpeed, VirtualMouseYSpeed, MoveVirtualMouse.All of these were fairly recent additions in versions.txt but there may be some more.

I m happy to know this!

I just found quite a few more missing entries and have emailed Brl support about it again. Here is a copy of the list:In Brl.D3D9Max2D:D3D9Max2DDriverIn Maxgui.ProxyGadgets:CreateHyperlink, CreateSplitter, SplitterPanel, SetSplitterPosition, SplitterPosition, SetSplitterOrientation, SplitterOrientation, SetSplitterBehavior, SplitterBehavior, CreateScrollPanel, ScrollPanelClient, FitScrollPanelClient, ScrollScrollPanel, ScrollPanelX, ScrollPanelYIn Maxgui.Localization:CreateLanguage, LoadLanguage, SaveLanguage, SetLanguageName, LanguageName, DefineLanguageToken, LanguageTokenDefinition, RemoveLanguageToken, ClearLanguageTokens, LocalizeString, SetLocalizationMode, LocalizationMode, SetLocalizationLanguage, LocalizationLanguageIn Brl.Threads:CreateThread, MainThread, CurrentThread, DetachThread, WaitThread, ThreadRunning, CreateThreadData, SetThreadDataValue, GetThreadDataValue, CreateMutex, CloseMutex, LockMutex, TryLockMutex, UnlockMutex, CreateSemaphore, CloseSemaphore, WaitSemaphore, PostSemaphore, CreateCondVar, CloseCondVar, WaitCondVar, SignalCondVar, BroadcastCondVar, CompareAndSwap, AtomicAdd, AtomicSwap

In reply to your suggestions, I am intending to do something like that. Just to grab the code examples and build it into the offline docs and create files in the right place. Also, I hadn't thought of getting docmods/makedocs to run my code. I haven't really thought about editing makedocs yet. I'm just working on things I want to see, mainly I want to write a code highlighter. I "tweaked" makedocs before so I'll revisit that and see about getting a patch for it so all these things can happen on a "Rebuild docs".