Help with Screen Resolutions

Started by Yue, July 16, 2017, 01:23:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Yue

Install a GTX 1050 graphics card, and install the drivers from the official nvidia website, they are the last, however I only have two screen resolutions available, 1024 768 (native) and 800 x 600.

The monitor is an old one with vga input so I got to play a hdmi to vga converter.

Any suggestions?  :(

therevills

What did you have before you installed the new card?

Yue

therevills

Sorry I meant the resolutions?

Yue

Before I had almost 20 different types of screen resolution.

Yue

Ok, no problem...

He solved the problem, disconnected the hdmi to vga converter, plugged it back in and ready. There are already forty resolutions.  :D

therevills

Quote from: Yue on July 16, 2017, 04:11:10
Ok, no problem...

He solved the problem, disconnected the hdmi to vga converter, plugged it back in and ready. There are already forty resolutions.  :D

Glad you got it sorted... so you didnt need the converter then?

Yue

Hello, if I need the converter, the card has three inputs but no vga. Something strange is that I do not know why the reason I have to turn on the computer first and when loading windows, then turn on the monitor, if I do not have weird things on the screen, screen resolutions that twist the screen.

Then for everything to work properly, I turn on the cpu, and when loading windows I turn on the monitor. I guess my monitor is very old.

dawlane

Not sure why you would want to use a HDMI-to-VGA adaptor. If the black port is a DVI-I you would be better off using a DVI-to-VGA adaptor with an old monitor.

xlsior

If you look under the windows device manager, does the video card show up as an nvidia, or do you see a generic VGA instead?

It's possible that the driver installation didn't go properly, especially if you didn't first uninstall your old video card driver.

MagosDomina

I believe the reason for having to wait to turn on your monitor after the computer is the handshake between the devices is not being registered. Regular VGA along which CRT monitors talk to the hardware directly much like how a old PS/2 port works.