August 25, 2019, 09:59:48 PM

Author Topic: Tech rage  (Read 967 times)

Offline Rooster

• I don't know what this does...
Tech rage
« on: July 13, 2017, 06:21:53 AM »
Someone started something like this on the old site a little bit before it closed.
So here's my story.

I was at the airport today, and I had been hanging out in this kind of hub area waiting for my next flight.
I was getting all my stuff together to go to my gate, and I turned off my laptop so I could pack it up.

But nooooo! Windows needs to update right now!
And of course, your not supposed to turn it off when it's updating, even if you triggered the update by shutting it down!
Curse you Microsoft!!! >:(

So what are your storys?

Offline GW

Re: Tech rage
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 07:32:28 AM »
Not exactly rage, more like shame and sadness, but I recently bought a second monitor. I constantly still find myself juggling 20 windows around on monitor1 while monitor2 just sits there wasting space.  :'(

Offline Pakz

• My homepage
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 07:37:01 AM »
Last month i bought a msi laptop. Booted up left 4 dead and it starts freezing. I do not feel comfortable sending it back for a checkup. I already spend a week or so setting up eveything and have no good replacement if it needs to be repaired for a month.

I am now going to buy another msi( need to save another 2 months) and use the old one with the intel gpu as a peplacement for my low end laptop. I do like the power it has. 3 times as fast as the amd.

I also thought the battery was broken but I discovered that it is a feature that it only starts recharging at 80% <

No more cheap laptops where you need to wait for 15 minutes before you can browse the web :)

Offline col

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 11:21:09 AM »
But nooooo! Windows needs to update right now!

At that point is when I installed a Linux distro. I used Win10 as my main OS for about 2 days before I felt the pain, and 'puters are difficult enough as they are ;D

I have plenty of rage towards modern tech aimed at the regular consumer market :P it's designed to 'just about work'. It does work but due to *reasons* ( read as corporate greed if you want to ) then the production and quality costs get cut back to the bare minimum, using old pre-tech laws as the measuring bar, and therefore we end with, well, crap versions of what could be absolutely amazing and awesome.

Not really a tech rage but something equally as annoying is that there are so many web sites that don't have the time and date of when an article is written. I love reading all kinds of tech related articles that covers a huge range of topics, but some web sites have no indication of when the article was written.

Oh and popup webpage adverts  >:( they are just ruining the whole internet, period - to the point that if I go to a website and if a single advert covers the screen I immediately close the page and browse elsewhere. I don't mind the side bar style adverts just not the ones that cover the page and want my immediate interaction, so damn rude. Yes you can have my interaction... *clicks X to close* - hows that for you?

But I'm not bitter, really :D
To be is to be perceived.

https://github.com/davecamp

Offline Rooster

• I don't know what this does...
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 09:53:55 AM »
Not really a tech rage but something equally as annoying is that there are so many web sites that don't have the time and date of when an article is written. I love reading all kinds of tech related articles that covers a huge range of topics, but some web sites have no indication of when the article was written.
Oh man I hate that one too! It makes it so hard to tell if a site has been abandoned or not as well.