Vote fraud

Started by Qube, July 10, 2017, 23:33:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Qube

You know who you are. Please don't do it anymore  >:( - I will be docking one point off your voter total.
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

MikeHart

Wow, people are that desperate? Would deserve a ban from me.

MikeHart

Thinking about it again. We don't have many names there. By leaving that person in, we ALL have now dirt on our user names because someone could think that it could be anyone of the 6. That is how it feels to me. I have very strong opinions about fraut or cheating.

With all repect, I want to resign from this competition. Is it possible to remove my name there so the ones who voted on me can recast their vote?

Thanks for listening.

markcwm

I think MikeHart should stay in as he signed up for it. :D

Well it can't be me and it can't be RonTek as he has no votes or therevills as Matty voted for him, and I doubt Krischan would do that and probably not Xaron...

So, can't you just remove the offender from the poll saying as it's fairly obvious who the joker is?

Naughty Alien

..cant be me..i voted for Yue...sooo..who is it ? :)

Qube

Yue is out of this months comp. Bad bad boy :P
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD

Until the next time.

Brucey

It's a bit sad, to say the least.

Aren't most people here adults?

Rooster

Quote from: Qube on July 11, 2017, 18:24:31
Yue is out of this months comp. Bad bad boy :P
Wait, does this have anything to do with me jokingly saying he voted twice?

Yue

This really is bad...

I vote for me, is not that bad ?, my daughter I believe an account with the user Dennise and vote for me, total votes 2, I think foreign vote for me.

3 votes, and I do not understand what happens.

My suspect is Qube.

Touch to create a poll.

Who do you think is the culprit of the fraud?

markcwm

Well I guess I was wrong to assume it was you Yue. Sorry about that. I thought it was one of your jokes.

I suggest Qube reinstate Yue in the poll unless he is sure it was him. ;)

RonTek

This can be prevented and so it seems the question and loophole on this month's poll is what makes a valid vote or if a member is eligible to vote. Probably at least a minimum number of posts to confirm he/she is a legit or at least an active member. (ie. One can just make random/multiple accounts on the site and vote for a nominee or her/himself)

Qube

The vote is supposed to be fair as voted by the community and not influenced by getting your family to join the forums just to vote for you.

Perhaps I'm just being silly in assuming these things can run smoothly and fairly.

Until the next time.

markcwm

RonTek's idea is better, so when the poll ends Qube just edits out those who are not genuine members, as long as the poll records who voted it should be easy.

As for family voting, I agree it won't be fair unless they are a genuine coder/artist of some kind. I think in Denisse's case her vote was okay as it wasn't deliberate cheating, so I think it's fair to add Yue back into the poll if that's possible.

Naughty Alien

...goooooosfraaaaaabaaaaaaa... :D

Rooster

Quote from: markcwm on July 14, 2017, 00:22:28
RonTek's idea is better, so when the poll ends Qube just edits out those who are not genuine members, as long as the poll records who voted it should be easy.

As for family voting, I agree it won't be fair unless they are a genuine coder/artist of some kind. I think in Denisse's case her vote was okay as it wasn't deliberate cheating, so I think it's fair to add Yue back into the poll if that's possible.
I have to agree.
The only rule that applies here is number two,
Quote2.. The potential winners will be chosen by myself and members of the community ( you can vote for yourself ). The chosen will then be part of a poll which the community vote on.
This all hinges on whether or not Denisse (I'm assuming) is a member of the community.