Ooops
February 19, 2020, 02:19:18 AM

Author Topic: Raise hands, who uses Unity?  (Read 10162 times)

Offline NRJ

• English is not my mother tongue...
Re: Raise hands, who uses Unity?
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2018, 04:40:28 PM »
I will definitely use Unity in future...
IF YOU CAN DREAM IT,  YOU CAN DO IT...

http://www.nksoftgames.blogspot.com

Offline therevills

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2018, 02:37:29 AM »
I started using it... but the amount of (hidden away) checkboxes really started to annoy me so I havent used it for a while.

Offline bsisko

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2018, 04:38:17 AM »
I do.

I also use Torque 1.4  (not Torque 3D), and teaching myself Lumberyard.
I want to use 3D Gamestudio on and off.

But currently, Unity and Torque are my main engines nowadays.  Of course, once I get familiarized with Lumberyard, that will replace Torque as My No. 1 engine.
Prepare to be assimilated !  Resistance is futile!

Offline playniax

• Playniax
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2018, 07:45:45 AM »
I think it's sweet that so many people can't make up their mind what language to use for their project

For me the first choice is of course Monkey2/Pyro but I have started working on a very cool game that will take me probably a year to finish so I need to have some kind of 'guarantee' that the code is still compiling/running on all major platforms when I have finished the damn thing especially on mobile.

Offline Pfaber11

• Bonjour
    • FABERSGAMES
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2019, 12:26:35 PM »
I had a brief look at Unity before I got into AGK2 and really didn't take to it . I like to think I have made the right choice in now using PureBasic  it's a little expensive but seems like a nice language so far . I'm only three weeks into it but so far am really impressed . I may still use AGK2 for Android development but for the pc I think PureBasic has the edge  as in faster and suitable for pretty much everything and not just games  so when I dream up my killer app I'll be ready to put it into production .
Celeron N3060 1.6 ghz duel core  4 Gb ram 32 gig storage  HD400 Graphics 160 gig external hard drive....

Offline GfK

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2019, 12:58:41 PM »
Currently using Unity 2019.2.11.

At least this way I know it's not going to get abandoned (again, and again, and again) and replaced with a stupidly-titled language that will almost definitely end up in the bin as well.

Getting too old and tired for that sort of shenanigans.  I CBA starting all over again (and again, and again, and again) just because Mark got fed up with what he was doing.

Unity does everything I want (and a lot that I don't want, but other people do).

OK, Blitzmax might not be "suddenly broken".  Neither are penny farthings, but you wouldn't win the Tour de France on one.
Intel I9-9900K 3.6-5.0GHz | GeForce RTX2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | 500GB NVMe M.2 SSD | 1TB HDD | Windows 10 x64.

Offline 3DzForMe

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2019, 06:44:56 PM »
I used it - I still prefer Blitz3D. Blitz3D is ace.

Offline Ray

• My blog
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2019, 04:14:23 AM »
I tried to use it a few times – it's nice, but I got the impression that it makes simple things a bit too complicated for my taste.

Offline MikeHart

• Cerberus-X developer
    • Cerberus X
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2019, 06:40:07 AM »

Offline Naughty Alien

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2019, 10:24:22 AM »
..i used it, and i admit, after last time i had time with it, i like it..for various reasons, im now using PB (mostly because of work itself), but ill not hesitate to use Unity at all..

Offline playniax

• Playniax
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2019, 06:33:28 AM »
I have tried it a few times. Didn't like it at first. Now I love it and getting pretty good at it but you need to get over some small hurdles!

And Unity basically 'just works'.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal