SoCoder Newsletter

Started by Qube, June 10, 2017, 04:12:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Qube

QuoteOh god it's happening again!!!

SyntaxBomb's back.
It's only a matter of time before DevCrunch reemerges, and then we have a recurrence of the great "too many competing forums" wars of 2007, which previously splintered our community into hundreds of tiny shards, scattered throughout the worldwide web.

I'm staying out of it, this time.
If there's a war, I'm not being part of it.

SoCoder is up and running for anyone who needs it.
I did my duties a decade ago, and am still holding it up. (Kinda!)

If folk want stability, SoCoder is more or less here.
If not, then hold on to your hats, and enjoy the ride!!
Did I miss the "2007 forum wars"?  :o I don't recall any bad blood between SyntaxBomb and SoCoder at any point?

As far as I'm concerned SoCoder has been a valuable resource and forum for donkeys years and my intention was not back then, or now, to splinter any community. I've not relaunched SyntaxBomb to cause any inter-forum issues but more of a fresh new place for any member of the recently demised Blitz forums that want to hang around, chat and have a bit of fun.

I would think we should all band together and keep the spirit of fun coding communities alive :)
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Rooster

When will the drama end? ::)

On the other hand, maybe we can just sit back now and watch now, popcorn anyone?

Qube

Talking of forum wars... I wonder if there are any multiplayer games that would be suitable to have a team from each forum play against each other? - Could be a lot of fun ;D
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Rooster

Quote from: Qube on June 10, 2017, 04:52:39
Talking of forum wars... I wonder if there are any multiplayer games that would be suitable to have a team from each forum play against each other? - Could be a lot of fun ;D
Sounds good to me. ;D