Thanks Qube for this place

Started by MikeHart, June 09, 2017, 09:48:08

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeHart

Thank you Qube for setting up this place again.

I hope more will find their way here.

Qube

I hope more find their way here too but since Skid took down the forums who knows :(
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Matty

Glad a few of us at least can stay in contact....

Goodlookinguy

Qube, if you need any help with design, don't hesistate to ask me. I've done websites (backend and design) on the side for about 17 years, so I may be able to help. If you want examples, check out this CSS: https://github.com/Goodlookinguy/pwvnrg/blob/master/global.fluid-width.css

That CSS was created due to extreme circumstances of what I was working with, but the point is that I've done this too much and it's obvious. I also stopped people's Zalgo usage: https://github.com/Goodlookinguy/pwvnrg/blob/master/anti-zalgo/antizalgo-complex.user.js

The day I made that I was staring at page-after-page of the Unicode Consortium's website.
I'm insane and not in a funny or good way! nrgs.org

Qube

Thanks :) - At the moment the site is just plain SMF with a template that someone else designed. Improvements are inevitable should it get busy around here.
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD

Until the next time.

therevills

Quote from: Qube on June 09, 2017, 11:59:34

I hope more find their way here too but since Skid took down the forums who knows :(

Looks like they have updated the front page of bb.com:

Quotestatic const blitzbasic.com   

Official Gallery is moving to github.

Official Code Archives are moving to github.

A read only mirror of the forums will be available in due course.

As an alternative home, many users are now posting at SyntaxBomb hosted by user Qube.

Go congratulate Adam on his totally mad CGA palatte in this thread at http://monkeycoder.co.nz/.

Stay tuned for more news.

markcwm

Thanks for the forum Qube! I hope this site turns into what bb.com was, we only need one good moderator and I hope you don't find that job to be a pain.

I have a few requests for your consideration. Could you please split the Blitz board into at least Blitz3d and BlitzMax as these are quite different languages. BlitzPlus is kind of dead now, very few still using it so it could be part of the Blitz3d board since the 2d engine is identical.

We could really do with a Brucey's Modules for NG, etc. and the Userlibs board (for Blitz3d) was always a very useful place. Also an OpenGL (or Minib3d) board would be my favorite place as I am still working on the Openb3d wrapper. Also a GUI board (for MaxGUI, wxMax) would be a good idea too, BlitzPlus could also go here. These four boards would be best as general boards so other languages could be supported.

Hope you don't mind setting those up for us. Thanks again!

PS: I think the Sound board should be merged with Music.

Krischan

Quote from: markcwm on June 11, 2017, 18:51:02Also an OpenGL (or Minib3d) board would be my favorite place as I am still working on the Openb3d wrapper.

Thanks from me too for this board. Perhaps we should name it "A new hope" or "Yavin IV" or "Home of the Code Literates (HOT CT)" ;-)

@Mark: good to hear and yes, OpenB3D needs a subforum - it is very promising now and as far as I can judge - very flawless, good work! (damn, I need more time to finish my demo). Most of the syntax is identical to miniB3D so they could be merged there.

My list of wishes to improve the board further: embedded Youtube videos and external images with an automatic thumb/resize option (for bb.com I always had to create a thumbnail first, upload both images to my server and "code" the post with nested tags to make the thumb open the large remote image on mouseclick, nasty). A more TinyMCE-like editor like in Wordpress would be perfect (I think we don't need a marquee button, heh) but in general the board is ok and usable right now.
Kind regards
Krischan

Windows 10 Pro | i7 9700K@ 3.6GHz | RTX 2080 8GB]
Metaverse | Blitzbasic Archive | My Github projects

MikeHart

Quote from: Krischan on June 11, 2017, 19:06:13
Perhaps we should name it "A new hope" or "Yavin IV" or "Home of the Code Literates (HOT CT)" ;-)

Code Literates... ROFL. Love it.  :D

Steve Elliott

Home of the Code Literates

Chuckles  :D
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Qube

QuoteCould you please split the Blitz board into at least Blitz3d and BlitzMax as these are quite different languages. BlitzPlus is kind of dead now, very few still using it so it could be part of the Blitz3d board since the 2d engine is identical.
Done.

QuoteWe could really do with a Brucey's Modules for NG, etc. and the Userlibs board (for Blitz3d) was always a very useful place.
I agree but I'm not sure on the legal side if I can mirror those sections? - I assume adding links to Brucey's Modules would be fine but I'm not sure about all the Blitz3D libs.

Until the next time.

markcwm

Wow! :o That is awesome. Thanks Qube. I love the child boards, it makes sense to do that. I notice that you didn't make a GUI board. I think if you made a BlitzPlus child board in Blitz3d and a GUI or MaxGUI child board in BlitzMax that would keep everything tidy.

The terms on BB state "not to ... copy any content on this site" but I don't think this applies to the forum, just BRL content. I assume if you were the original poster, you would have the right to copy&paste your old posts. I would think there shouldn't be legal issues as long as no-one tries to claim ownership of someone else's work/writing. I'm not sure what you mean about the Userlibs links, do you mean a general law about not linking to 3rd party sites?

Krischan, thanks but I don't think it's flawless, it is fairly stable which is mostly due to Angros. It's still lacking some major features though, particularly a physics engine which is on my todo list.

Qube

QuoteI notice that you didn't make a GUI board. I think if you made a BlitzPlus child board in Blitz3d and a GUI or MaxGUI child board in BlitzMax that would keep everything tidy.
I've added a MaxGUI board to the BlitzMax section. I've removed the BlitzPlus section as I highly doubt there are many users of BlitzPlus that will be posting in there by itself. If postings in the general Blitz section warrant it then it can be added. If sections are not used then they can also be removed. Let's see how the current setup pans out :)

Until the next time.

Qube

QuoteI'm not sure what you mean about the Userlibs links, do you mean a general law about not linking to 3rd party sites?
Sorry, I was thinking more on reproducing the original 1st posts of the Userlibs library as they were on the blitz forums. Of course there are no problem posting links to 3rd party sites.

Until the next time.

Naughty Alien

..hey guys, where is the ENAY?? Anyone managed to contact him?