Monkey X is now real open source.

Started by MikeHart, June 09, 2017, 09:04:59

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeHart

The mojo2 sub license got finally removed and now someone can distribute changes/enhancements to Monkey X freely.

You can grab the current version on Github here:

https://github.com/blitz-research/monkey

Goodlookinguy

Hmm. I have ideas, but I'm not sure Monkey's code base is where I would want to start. I feel like it'd be easier to make a new code base and use the existing native files to build that upon. I have the skill, but I'm not sure I have the patience or even want to. Oh well, no rush.
I'm insane and not in a funny or good way! nrgs.org

rIKmAN

Hey all,

Nice to see a few people on here at least.

Is the current version on GitHub the same as v87b + whatever changes were made in the other thread?

MikeHart

I don't think that Mark added the stuff that Xaron did.

Xaron

Yes there are already some fixes in which aren't in Mark's branch and there will be more.

muruba

Sorry, I am a bit confused, does it mean monkey-x will never get official support from now on and the codebase is going into OS hands now?

MikeHart

Yes, BRL changed Monkey-X's license to a complete OSS one, uploaded everything to its Guthub space and called it a day. They concentrate on Monkey 2 now. Any fix or enhancement will have to come from its users.

Pakz

On the github, can you get the installer there also? On the itch.io site there is an older version.

MikeHart

Not that I know off. But right now the Monkey website still works and you can download the last version there. Soon we will provide it at a new location of our fork.