Reaching the old guys

Started by Xaron, June 09, 2017, 08:07:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Naughty Alien

..okay..im reached..lol..seriusly, where are the other guys, and why plug was pulled so fast, before month end as it was spoken??

Rooster

@Naughty Alien
Some of them may not have joined yet, the forum were taken down unexpectedly after all.

Dabz

I'm old!!! :D

Thought I'd never see this domain name again, good to see it back! :)

Such a shame about bb.com, I learnt so much from the place over the, pffftt donkeys years!

I personally give up on the site in recent years, haven't programmed for a bit, though,!i still think about stuff but I'm working away from home grafting me clems off and I'm just too knackered when I get back to the hotel... but it's a topic I still enjoy reading about, and like I said, think about... you cannot just lose that logical way of thinking! ;) hehehe

Anyway, nice to see this old place back... I had oodles of fun here last time! :)

Dabz
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 16Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit

Naughty Alien

..yeah..i have feeling that forum was intentionally put down earlier than said..im not sure why that would be the case but i cant find any rational reason for such sudden act..

Naughty Alien

..regarding BMax and B3D..both are open source..so does that mean that they can be exposed for download from sites like this one, which includes maybe rebuild forum for that so people can have it and continue where it all stopped ??

Goodlookinguy

skid tried to give the reasoning that it was put down earlier was because of people downloading the site. I believe I'm the first one who started, and after skid went off the rails sending out an abuse report to the wrong ISP and forwarding it to me, I asked him if he was going to do a backup of their own? I said I'd stop immediately if so. Not only did he ignore that, but he preceded to just piss me off when I was in a very specific mood of my bipolar depression. So I downloaded the rest of the site in a low-speed download way of 2.3MB/minute or 0.3Mb/s. As far as I can tell, he's just lying about shutting it down early. I would have stopped if he had said that they were making a backup. So he's full of crap as far as I'm concerned. I've given him the affectionate title, Mark's butt monkey from now on.
I'm insane and not in a funny or good way! nrgs.org

Rooster

Quote from: Goodlookinguy on June 10, 2017, 07:42:45
I've given him the affectionate title, Mark's butt monkey from now on.
Your making it sound like their gay. :P

Goodlookinguy

I said something more direct earlier (see Server Move of Monkey 2). I feel like this is less direct.

skid was a douche anyways, so I have no respect for him.

----
Related to topic: Xaron, when you're ready, I can give you a list of the emails if you want. If there's a specific format you want them in, I can do that or I can give you the MySQL database.

Rooster

I have no idea how I missed that the first time I read it. :P

Never thought I'd laugh this kind of thing.

EdzUp

Quote from: Goodlookinguy on June 09, 2017, 10:03:16
I found you as 23354.  ;)

UserID: 23354
Name: Ed Upton
Nickname: EdzUp MkII
Email: edzu...nah, I'm not going to write that.

It looks like it shouldn't be too hard for me to strip the users out. It's the forum stuff that will take me time. So I'll focus my efforts on getting the users table completed before I do anything with the topics and posts.

That's my second account id0 was mine as Mark asked me to test the forum for him when it was created which is why I didn't have a BUID but could access everything.

Goodlookinguy

I see. Very interesting.

Edit: I should say that it's interesting to me because MySQL DB by default start with index of 1 and can't be zero on PRIMARY AUTO_INCREMENT columns. You can update it manually to 0, but it can't start as such. I should also say that I was around when the database crashed or something, so it led to php mysql errors. That's the only reason I know MySQL was used.

Krischan

Hi guys,

first, this was a bad move from Mark. Looks like SyntaxBomb becomes my new BB homebase now :)

The bb.com community was already gone there, will become now even more fragmented and I can't use Google anymore to search the bb.com site which was always a good help when I've been stuck. I've looked at Monkey2 but it isn't ready enough for my current projects, lacks of a 3D engine with shader support and the compilation time is ridiculous compared to Blitzmax, I need instant results. Let's see if this will ever become a successor to BMX, currently I doubt this.

But now I'm looking forward to many new projects written in Blitzmax (even if it is outdated), I think I should create a "Projects" page on my empty homepage soon.
Kind regards
Krischan

Windows 10 Pro | i7 9700K@ 3.6GHz | RTX 2080 8GB]
Metaverse | Blitzbasic Archive | My Github projects

Steve Elliott

Good to see some familiar faces here  ;D
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Henri

Outdated, but never outgunned:)

As for Simon, he is an impulsive guy, but he did link syntaxbomb in bb main site, so people who missed the whole episode can at least find their way here.

-Henri

- Got 01100011 problems, but the bit ain't 00000001

Goodlookinguy

Quote from: Krischan on June 10, 2017, 12:37:31...I can't use Google anymore to search the bb.com site which was always a good help when I've been stuck.

If you don't mind waiting for a few days, I should have the forums recreated into a database form. That'll allow it to be searchable. I'm moving kinda slowly because I'm very low energy right now after a 5 day spree of seemingly unending energy and lack of sleep.

There are some other options, like Yue's copy of the site, but it's not really the same as the data I have. I used my site credentials (cookies in the HTTP Header) to rip all users and pages directly with my own software. No visible post will be missing regardless of any lack of linking from any other sources. skid also has plans to release something, but who knows what it's going to be.