September 24, 2021, 10:23:46

Author Topic: Libcurl and old BlitzMax 1.50?  (Read 291 times)

Offline Midimaster

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 363
    • Midimaster Music Education Software
Libcurl and old BlitzMax 1.50?
« on: February 08, 2021, 09:34:19 »
Hello, I'm trying to modify a very big old Bmax project to enable https-connections. Therefore I want to know if it is possible to use the LibCurl-Module I found here...
https://github.com/maxmods/bah.mod/tree/master/libcurl.mod
... also for my old Bmax 1.50?

Do I need any modification or can I easily copy the content to my "C:\BlitzMax\mod\BaH.mod" folder ?

Do I need any steps before I can use it?
See my current project on PlayStore: 20Tracks-Audio-Player https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=midimaster.twentytrackd

Offline Derron

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3651
Re: Libcurl and old BlitzMax 1.50?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 10:14:22 »
I did not check it out - but "maxmods" should work with "vanilla". Only the stuff directly in "bmx-ng" is "ng only".

Yet it might happen that they (maxmods) get updated and Brucey only cross checked with NG.


So... just try it out and report back the issues you experienced (especially compiler-errors). Also do not forget: with vanilla you are bound to some more specific MinGW versions - so ensure to use whatever has to be used.


Another possibility: move on to NG (if doable - or if your framework is encapsulated and could be "upgraded" separately - so your other projects benefit from it too).


bye
Ron

 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal