thinBasic

Started by MikeHart, June 17, 2017, 08:56:34

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeHart

Hi folks,

let me introduce you to thinBasic, imho one of the fastest BASIC interpreters currently available. I was very active with it before I got introduced to Monkey. I still love it and I am impressed what you can achieve with it. The developer of thinBasic, Eros Olmni is super helpful and open for suggestions. It is Windows only. But has a huge feature set and can be extended with new modules from the user.

If you are interested, have a look here: http://www.thinbasic.com

Mikey

How does this compare to Blitz 3D or Freebasic as far as speed?

MikeHart

I never compared it to these languages.

sphinx

Quote from: Mikey on June 25, 2017, 03:18:32
How does this compare to Blitz 3D or Freebasic as far as speed?
It is interpreted after all !!
Kind regards,
Maher F. Farag
www.ancientsoft.com
www.osakit.com

MikeHart

But one of the fastest out there. And it has the ability to use the inline oxygen compiler. So you can reach native speed in parts where it is needed. If I would develop Windows only, I would go back to thinBasic in a heart beat. Great developers, great tool!

sphinx

Quote from: MikeHart on September 12, 2017, 14:29:14
But one of the fastest out there. And it has the ability to use the inline oxygen compiler. So you can reach native speed in parts where it is needed. If I would develop Windows only, I would go back to thinBasic in a heart beat. Great developers, great tool!

I agree.

It was developed using PowerBasic if I am not mistaken?!

Kind regards,
Maher F. Farag
www.ancientsoft.com
www.osakit.com

MikeHart

Yes it still is. And as long PowerBasic is supported, Eros won't change that.

Hotshot

I dont like it but then again, everyone got own taste when come whatever programming langauge they feel comfortable.

sphinx

Quote from: Hotshot on September 13, 2017, 10:39:52
I dont like it but then again, everyone got own taste when come whatever programming langauge they feel comfortable.
I agree.

Sometimes work forces you to use a specific one :(
Kind regards,
Maher F. Farag
www.ancientsoft.com
www.osakit.com

MikeHart