Civilization III free for 48 hours

Started by Rooster, October 19, 2017, 21:41:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Pakz

Yeah, I wanted to post this also :)

I already bought it years ago on steam. Pretty addictive game but I find the ai too hard for my liking. Also creating a too large army makes things difficult to micromanage. I also find installing and finding mods and extra maps not that easy. Civ 2 Gold was great with extra maps and mods.

Derron

Civ 2 was the last I played (with my [male parts of the] family).

During that time we created some scenarios with custom units (gfx) - got downloaded pretty often that time. Medieval, pirates, WWII...

bye
Ron

Henri

I have my hardcopy of Civ3 already. Currently still playing Civ5 - Brave New World on a huge Earth map.

Of all the Civs I think Civ4 was the hardest. AI was quite aggressive if you neglected your defense.

-Henri

- Got 01100011 problems, but the bit ain't 00000001

MichaelUK

Thanks for posting this, I think I played Civ 2 the most back in the day.

Qube

Cool beans :D - added to my steam account and will have a play next time I boot into Windows.

Also grabbed Cities : Skylines for under £6 which is on big discount and works on Mac, yyyiippppeeeee :P
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Rooster

@Qube
Glad you found something for Mac. :)

sphinx

Kind regards,
Maher F. Farag
www.ancientsoft.com
www.osakit.com

Qube

Quote from: Rooster on October 20, 2017, 04:28:37
@Qube

Jeez, are you saying the Mac is lacking in games :P - I still have Alien Isolation and Tomb Raider Underworld sat on my drive waiting to be played when I'm in the mood. But yes, the Mac could do with some serious love when it comes to games, especially now that my shiny new iMac has an 8GB Radeon 580 :D

Perhaps I need to push myself more to boot into my Windows bootcamp drive but it's such a chore :P
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Rooster

Quote from: Qube on October 20, 2017, 07:04:02
Quote from: Rooster on October 20, 2017, 04:28:37
@Qube

Jeez, are you saying the Mac is lacking in games :P - I still have Alien Isolation and Tomb Raider Underworld sat on my drive waiting to be played when I'm in the mood. But yes, the Mac could do with some serious love when it comes to games, especially now that my shiny new iMac has an 8GB Radeon 580 :D

Perhaps I need to push myself more to boot into my Windows bootcamp drive but it's such a chore :P
Lol! I remember there being a lack of software and games for mac back when my family was using one.
That, and I imagine that the situation would be somewhat like that with Linux (Unix for the win! ;)).

RonTek

Thanks for the heads up. I remember playing the other Civilization games along with RoN. :)