SyntaxBomb Down

Started by Qube, August 23, 2017, 00:45:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Qube

We were offline for about an hour.. This was caused by a power cut during a thunder and lightning storm.

But, we're back up and running again :D
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

muruba

LineOf7s

Did something interesting happen to the RSS feed?  It doesn't seem to have updated since before the downtime.  Might be a coincidence, or even my imagination...
"Life's biggest obstacles are your greatest opportunities to excel"

Qube

QuoteIs it self-hosted?
Yeah. I have a BT business fibre account and host a linux sever on-site. It's a quad core Intel i5 with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD hard drive + cPanel license. I pay the extra to BT business for a fixed IP address and truly unlimited bandwidth. The server has been going strong for 4+ years now. It's backed up regularly too. It's nice to have total control and not to rely on a 3rd party.

I don't remember the last time we had a power cut but last night it was heavy rain, mad thunder and lightning. I saw a flash of light and a second later the house went dark along with as far as I could see outside. Even my mobile went down to no signal for a while. Kinda freaky having complete total darkness for miles around, fun for the first 5 minutes and then it gets boring.

QuoteDid something interesting happen to the RSS feed?  It doesn't seem to have updated since before the downtime.  Might be a coincidence, or even my imagination...
Is this still a problem? - I will repair the RSS database ( if there is one ) and see if that fixes it. Let me know :)
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD

Until the next time.

LineOf7s

It was kaput when I posted, but seems good now... so whatever happened between then and now was a winner.  :)

LineOf7s

But moments ago, this was the site RSS feed (in Firefox, where I do all of my RSSing):

There are a bunch of threads/responses since that lot.  I thought I'd mention it as another data point for you.  :)  Maybe something's b0rked again?

Qube

I've ran a repair on every table and tested the RSS feed and it works. If it's still giving you grief could you try removing and adding the RSS feed again?. If that doesn't work, kick it :D

Until the next time.

LineOf7s

Yeah, all good again (of course) after removing and replacing.

I'll keep an eye on it and have The Boot ready.

Qube

Until the next time.