Monkey X website is closed finally

Started by MikeHart, July 24, 2017, 06:44:45

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeHart

I am getting a "website is closed" placeholder so i guess the official website is gone now.

For offcial support of Cerberus X, the successor of Monkey X, please join us at http://www.cerberus-x.com. Of course you don't need to, as we will roam this place here too.

Qube

QuoteI am getting a "website is closed" placeholder so i guess the official website is gone now.
Yup, looks like a chunk out of my world has gone :( - Goodbye BB forums, you were more fun than you'll ever know.

QuoteFor future support, please join us at http://www.cerberus-x.com.
Great looking site. Nice work :D
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

LineOf7s

Words fail me but I'm pretty sure "sucks" is in there somewhere.

RIP Blitz: The Community, scattered to the four winds so we can all watch MonkeyX-2 go down the gurgler from afar.  Good plan guys.
"Life's biggest obstacles are your greatest opportunities to excel"

Steve Elliott

Goodbye BB forums, you were more fun than you'll ever know.

RIP Blitz: The Community, scattered to the four winds so we can all watch MonkeyX-2 go down the gurgler from afar.  Good plan guys.

Agreed  :(

Nice website Mike!
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Naughty Alien

...much as you could say that Mark has exceptional skills for making software, you could say with same confidence that hes dumb as f**k when we talk business...to cry about lack of money while you have large userbase, willing to pay for bloody 3d engine/module/whatever, they asking for ages, and then simply remove userbase from the face of the earth, just to focus on to new experiment (yes, thats exactly what it is), is stupidity of finest one..

Rooster

@Qube
Any word on the documentation, or is that down the drain now? :(

MikeHart

Quote from: MikeHart on July 24, 2017, 06:44:45
I am getting a "website is closed" placeholder so i guess the official website is gone now.

For offcial support of Cerberus X, the successor of Monkey X, please join us at http://www.cerberus-x.com. Of course you don't need to, as we will roam this place here too.

MikeHart

Quote from: Qube on July 24, 2017, 07:05:20
Great looking site. Nice work :D

Thanks, its ok. We are working on enhancing it. It takes time as I fight with the templates and CSS/HTML a lot. :D

But imho this place here is the new blitzbasic.com. I visit it basically everyday. Thanks again for setting it up Cube!

Question: For this forum, it reads Monkey 1, Monkey 2 as the description. Could you add Cerberus X too? In the description? Not as a separate board.

dawlane

Quote from: Naughty Alien on July 24, 2017, 09:22:25
...much as you could say that Mark has exceptional skills for making software, you could say with same confidence that hes dumb as f**k when we talk business...to cry about lack of money while you have large userbase, willing to pay for bloody 3d engine/module/whatever, they asking for ages, and then simply remove userbase from the face of the earth, just to focus on to new experiment (yes, thats exactly what it is), is stupidity of finest one..
I agree there, but I think that he's left it too late now to make any dent in today's compiler/framework market share with everyone practically giving away software and tools.
I will give it a four or five years before Monkey3 arrives or he gives up entirely.

What irked me was BlitzMax still being sold as a cross platform programming language for Windows, OS X and Linux with the latter being constantly broken with half-hearted fixes. Even Linux was an afterthought with MonkeyX until around version 67.

degac

Same for BlitzBasic.com

Just a simple 'website closed' but at least there's a link for 'archives' to wasted.nz - but no other info about this site.
If there's a problem, there's at least one solution.
www.blitzmax.org

MikeHart

Quote from: degac on July 24, 2017, 12:32:28
... but no other info about this site.

On the wasted site there is. But no info about Cerberus X. Which I expected. :-)

Xaron

Haha oh well. I could send Mark another mail and could ask him about a link. But I doubt he will do that... :(

Steve Elliott

Sad to say, but Blitz/BRL are dead...Very sad news.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

3DzForMe

Very sad to see this:   --

:'(   :'(   :-X   :-\   ???

As I tip towards the latter part of my fifth decade on old planet earth, my time to code has been diminishing somewhat. I still have a passion for it - however as you get older time defo goes faster - generally speaking when you have one of those life things, thats the way of it unfortunately.

Just to be clear, I have been an avid fan of BRL since BBasic 2.1 on the Amiga. Some may scoff at the word 'fan', however, I've been fortunate enough (or not depending on the perspective) to have dirtied my hands with C and stuff for a living.

It took me a while to start using my MonkeyX licence (maybe 2-3 years due to life and work commitments), I got a LOT out of the HTML5 compiler, a surprising amount as a data parser thingy. Yet again, this was thanks to the help available on the MonkeyX forums.

Hopefully, the MonkeyX forums will also be available somewhere, akin to the bbasic ones. I'd love to have the time to commit to Monkey2, however, I'm not getting any younger - it takes me long enough to hang together the code for a hyperlink to a website image.

Cheers again to Qube for the creation of this forum, a sterling job if I say so myself. Happy coding folks.

We are living in interesting times, Mark Sibly is accomplishing outlandish things in 3D within web browsers, incredibly. I hope Monkey2 does the bizness, and I've some time for it this winter. In the mean time - as I'm sure all of you are aware, Blitz 3D still cuts some major mustard. Stevie G's Polymaniacs is testament to that ;)
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

Qube

QuoteQuestion: For this forum, it reads Monkey 1, Monkey 2 as the description. Could you add Cerberus X too? In the description?
Your wish is my command :D
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.